A few months back I announced a new version of imgZoom (the Lightbox-esque image zooming jQuery plugin) and exhibited a sample gallery that showed it in action. Most of the new features were already implemented back then, and I hoped to finish it quickly and release the new version, but then I stumbled over a number of problems with Internet Explorer, got somewhat frustrated, and gave it up for a while.
Now, I have finally found enough inner strength to get back to working on it. For the past few days, I’ve been fighting all those nasty Internet Explorer bugs and its insane behavior. It was even more painful than I expected, as often fixing one problem lead to another, a workaround for IE7 triggered a bug in IE6, and so on.
So far, all the time I spent developing the new version can be accurately represented by this pie chart:
You might notice that it bears a close resemblance to another chart that you might have seen on the interwebs:
Conclusion: screw you, Internet Explorer.
Ok, enough whining. The good news is, it seems I managed to resolve or work around all the problems, and now it’s just a matter of a couple more tests and code cleanups to get the new version ready for release — so expect it in a few days.
Unless, of course, the tests reveal more IE-related problems and I get a nervous breakdown. In that case expect a tweet from a mental institution.