ImgAreaSelect 0.9.8

It has been just three days since the previous release of imgAreaSelect, and I’m already here with a new version! How’s that for short release cycles? But seriously, I screwed up a bit with the last release. There was a problem with the implementation of scaling which limited the area available for selection on scaled images, and it somehow went unnoticed during testing. Anyway, version 0.9.8 fixes it.

Thanks to Martin Fowler for catching this issue.

10 Responses to “ImgAreaSelect 0.9.8”

1. garbo says:

Hi,

First of all I’d like to say thanks for this wonderful plugin. I’m currently using it on one of my site with jQuery 1.6.4 and ImgAreaSelect 0.9.8 doesn’t seem to maintain the “selection” after mouse selection (and does not return the width & height)? Would it be possible to provide any fix for that please?

Kind Regards

2. Michal Wojciechowski says:

@garbo: It should work correctly, I tested the plugin with jQuery 1.6.4 and haven’t noticed any problems. Maybe there’s some other problem with your website/application — I could help you debug it, feel free to contact me by e-mail.

3. Sean Cain says:

I would also like to thank you for this very useful plugin.

I just wanted to inquire about the 1.0 release.

I am looking forward to the touch interface being implemented and was wondering when it might be estimated to be released. I am willing to offer any help if it would be needed and/or wanted.

Sean

4. Michal Wojciechowski says:

@Sean: I finally have some more free time and I’m working on a new release, with added support for touch events. My plan is to roll it out in the next two weeks.

5. jalal says:

Hi
    Could you please tell me how to update imgareaselect when the source image file changes? I have tried everything including ias.update() but imgareaselect picks up the old image even when I load a new image into the selection area.

-thanks

6. Maxime St-Laurent says:

Hi, I’d like to know if it’s possible to recuperate the instance of imgAreaSelect that I’ve initialized on $(document).ready. I have a system where I have a list of selections on the same image. When I click on an “Edit” button, the selection pops up on the image. Now my problem is that the previous selection doesn’t get cleared. I’ve tried using “.imgAreaSelect({ remove: true });” before declaring a new instance (with .imgAreaSelect({ instance: true });), but the selection is still displayed.

Thanks,
    Maxime St-Laurent

7. Deepak says:

hi
    Thanks for the wonderful plugin.
    But i have one problem with it. When i am trying to work with HTML page it works fine, but when i coping the same code by keeping .css in css folder and .js in scirpts folder in eclipse and writing the function in jsp page , this is giving me error saying that
    “Object doesn’t support this property or method”. Please Help

Regards
    Deepak

8. Michal Wojciechowski says:

@jalal: Sorry for replying more than two months late, but in case you still need help with that issue — removing and re-initializing the plugin should do it:

$('img#id').imgAreaSelect({ remove: true }); $('img#id').imgAreaSelect({ ... });

9. Michal Wojciechowski says:

@Maxime St-Laurent: The way you described should work. If you still haven’t resolved that issue, feel free to contact me by e-mail, I’ll try to help.

10. Michal Wojciechowski says:

@Deepak: Probably some of the JavaScript files are not being loaded, check your script paths.