Archive for July, 2010

WebService::EditDNS – Perl interface to EditDNS API

Monday, July 26th, 2010

I have created a simple Perl module that talks to EditDNS API, allowing for easy manipulation of domains/records hosted at EditDNS from within Perl programs. A while ago, I developed a command-line utility that serves a similar purpose, named editdns.pl. The module is sort of an extension of that idea, although it works in a different manner — while editdns.pl impersonates a web browser to access the EditDNS control center website and uses hacky HTML scraping techniques, the module plays it nice and only uses elegant API calls.

The module is called WebService::EditDNS, and is available for download at CPAN. Eventually, it will probably also get a project homepage here on my website (some day in the not-too-distant future).

SelectList Documentation Updates

Tuesday, July 20th, 2010

Just a quick notice for selectList users — I have updated the documentation page for the plugin, adding the missing API methods reference. I also added some explanatory text on the examples page. Take a look if you’re interested.

SelectList 0.3

Monday, July 19th, 2010

I’m releasing a new version (0.3) of selectList. This release brings support for the core jQuery method .val(), allowing you to retrieve the list of currently selected options at any time (which might be useful when you want to, for instance, send the selection with an AJAX request).

Thanks to John Watson and Dan Young for notifying me of this.